Create Drop Shipment in Business Central
A Drop Shipment is when a vendor ships a product directly to a customer. The process flow is creating a sales order and linking it to a purchase order.
- Create a basic sales order.
- In Sales Line we do not have the Drop Shipment field by default, so we have to add that field by designing.
- To design the page, click on Settings --> Design.
- Drag the Drop Shipment field to Sales Line and fill the remaining field details.
- Now, the Sales Order is ready.
- Let’s create the Purchase Order.
- On the Payment and Shipping fast tab, change the Ship-to field to Customer Address and select the Customer.
- After defining the customer, choose Actions --> Functions --> Drop Shipment --> Get Sales Order.
- Select the Sales Order and click OK.
- It will create a new Purchase Line from the Sales Line.
- To check the Purchase order from the Sales Line, click on More options --> Order --> Drop Shipment --> Sales Order.
- The Sales Order will open, now choose the sales line, Order --> Drop Shipment --> Purchase Order.
- To post the Drop Shipment, we can either Post the Sales Order or Receive the Purchase Order.
- The Purchase order cannot be invoiced until we post the sales order.
- So, let’s Post the sales order.
- Now, let’s post the Purchase Order.
this is how you can create "Drop Shipment" and ship product directly to the customer.
Leave your questions, queries and suggestion in comment box below.